Monday, October 17, 2005

Strike a blow, gimme some dough

I haven't done the linky bit here at all, have I? And isn't that what a blog's supposed to be about?

So go here

And then check out 'A Form of War.' The message of which appears to be that you will be a true rebel, standing up and giving The Man a Finger if you buy their $500 hoodie. You can change the world by fattening up a designer who thinks you're an idiot.

The beautiful thing is that you just know people are buying it up, and for that exact reason. Because, as I've mentioned before in other venues, people are vermin.

5 comments:

Marshdrifter said...

I can't say I think much of their designs, although the lack of any noticible branding is always a plus. OTOH, I'm pretty wary of buying clothes that I can't try on without a whole lot of shipping problems.

Splitcoil said...

I'm just disgusted by the marketing. I see no real use for a fireproof sweatshirt. I certainly don't see what's revolutionary about a fireproof sweatshirt.

Unless, you know, it's supposed to keep you from setting yourself on fire when using a tiki bomb.

Tim Akers said...

I think the html header says it all. Consumption is Salvation. dig it, catxors. Come on. Pretention is the new radical fundamentalism.

I just want to know what the arabic says...

Splitcoil said...

How can I get one of those?

Splitcoil said...

My rough translation of the Arabic is as follows:

This is Arabic.

It makes us look anti-establishment.

Which is cool.

There is no Arabic on our clothing.

BUt you'll still be cool if you wear it.

Arabic is cool.

And scary, at least to soccer moms and white boys from the 'burbs.